July 13, 2007 – 11:46 pm
"I was almost impatient to write this post but was waiting for something to happen and that **something** happened just yesterday so here goes the post!"
First I thought of naming this post “2 in 1” as I’m going to tell u about my dual success but then decided to give it the topic that u can see now because verily Allah (SWT) is the supreme authority, the most merciful and the most beneficial and my accomplishments are nothing but His blessings for me. Dear Readers, I’m feeling extremely glad to tell you that I have finally got a job. What makes me even happier and proud is the fact that I have been able to land on this job entirely on merit basis Alhamdulilah as I had applied to that place with reference to an ad published in Dawn. Also, it is the kind of job that I had been looking for soooooo long.
I have been appointed as a “SQA Engineer” in a US based software house that started its operations in Pakistan some time ago but can still be taken as a start up. There are a lot of things that I liked about this place. The people whom I have met there are very nice, highly experienced and honest because they keep their word (at least so far they have so I’m hoping that they would do so in the future as well). Infact, this is something that has impressed me the most because for me working with dishonest people and hypocrites is a living nightmare as often I fail to figure out the dirty little tricks they play.
Apart from this, I really like the kind of the working model my current employer follows. It believes people to have cross-functional roles. Every employee is supposed to have a primary responsibility and some secondary responsibilities like being a SQA Engineer 70% of my tasks would be related to quality assurance and the rest 30% would be related to development and I guess analysis and design as well. So, that means I’ll get a good understanding of the entire SDLC and as the IT manager said, “We want our people to be the master of one and jack of all” so I hope the same for myself as well.
The other good news that I’m about to tell u is related to my academic life. My final semester results got announced last month and by the grace of Allah I received first position alongwith a scholarship for my MS at SZABIST. Now whether I’ll be going for my MS there or not is a separate story altogether and something that I still need to decide. One thing which is making this decision making process very difficult is that my scholarship would remain valid for this year only; and if I plan not to join then I would lose not just the scholarship but my position as well because they won’t be giving me any certificate Hud hai bhaee….now if I don’t get a certificate then how would people know if I really
acquired secured first position or not….cruel morons
Neway there are loads of other things that I want to talk about but as this post has already become quite long so I will include them in my next post. Till then Good Bye from Ms. Jobful (yeah….if jobful is the word then I’m so…waisay don’t u think there shud be one??…the opposite of jobless?? )